Our Sport Camps offer maximum flexibility, affordability and most importantly; fun packed activities for your child.
The programme runs from 8.30am – 5.30pm weekdays during the holidays and is open to 5 – 12 year olds. You can book your child on to for a full day, a morning session 8.30am – 1pm, or an afternoon session 1pm – 5.30pm.
Each day your child is guaranteed to enjoy a mixture of sports, games, swimming and crafts. A full programme of activities is produced before each holiday and is available from reception.
We are also running our weekly swimming crash courses during holiday breaks and half-terms. They are covering from Ducklings 5 up to activity sessions which can include a number of activities such as water polo, rookie lifeguard and diving.
|SHALLOW END||DEEP END|
|10.00-10.30am||Duckling 5||10.00-10.30am||Stage 3|
|10.30-11.00am||Stage 1||10.30-11.00am||Stage 4 / 5|
|11.00-11.30am||Stage 2||11.00-11.30am||Activity Session|
- Ducklings 5 : Suitable for non swimmers or if it’s the first time in a swimming class from age 3 upwards, teacher in the water.
- Stage 1: Primary water skills, travelling in the water with swim aids. Suitable for non swimmers or children who are able to manage a few strokes alone. Teacher is in the water.
- Stage 2: Introduction and development of skills using a variety of strokes without swim aids. Must be able to swim a width front and back without aids, teacher is in the water.
- Stage 3/4: Further skills including jumping, breathing techniques, breaststroke legs and retrieving items from pool floor. Must be confident in deep water.
- Stage 5 : Ideal to prepare for swimming lengths and to build stamina as well as stroke improvement.
- Activity Session : A chance to try a variety of activities including diving, rookie lifeguard, water polo and races.
Chesterton Sports Centre reserve the right to adjust /cancel any of the scheduled activities due to attendance numbers, coach availability, assistant availability and weather. Please note that payment is required at the time of booking.