Cambridge United Soccer Schools
Our Holiday Activities are now being run by Cambridge United FC. They offer Soccer Schools, which are open to boys and girls of all abilities aged 4-12 years old. The Soccer Schools are the perfect answer to any working parent during the school holidays.
Please click here for more information.
We are also running our weekly swimming crash courses during holiday breaks and half-terms. They are covering from Ducklings 5 up to activity sessions which can include a number of activities such as water polo, rookie lifeguard and diving.
|SHALLOW END||DEEP END|
|10.00-10.30am||Duckling 5||10.00-10.30am||Stage 3|
|10.30-11.00am||Stage 1||10.30-11.00am||Stage 4 / 5|
|11.00-11.30am||Stage 2||11.00-11.30am||Activity Session|
- Ducklings 5 : Suitable for non swimmers or if it’s the first time in a swimming class from age 3 upwards, teacher in the water.
- Stage 1: Primary water skills, travelling in the water with swim aids. Suitable for non swimmers or children who are able to manage a few strokes alone. Teacher is in the water.
- Stage 2: Introduction and development of skills using a variety of strokes without swim aids. Must be able to swim a width front and back without aids, teacher is in the water.
- Stage 3/4: Further skills including jumping, breathing techniques, breaststroke legs and retrieving items from pool floor. Must be confident in deep water.
- Stage 5 : Ideal to prepare for swimming lengths and to build stamina as well as stroke improvement.
- Activity Session : A chance to try a variety of activities including diving, rookie lifeguard, water polo and races.
Chesterton Sports Centre reserve the right to adjust /cancel any of the scheduled activities due to attendance numbers, coach availability, assistant availability and weather. Please note that payment is required at the time of booking.